All positions require that the candidate work on location at our studios. Due to visa restrictions, we cannot accept international applicants. We are a non-profit and depend on donations and subscriptions to stay afloat; we will try to provide a salary commensurate with the position, with the understanding that we won't be able to offer the sort of pay a for-profit corporation can. Please keep this in mind when applying.
St. Michael's Media Publishing — Copy Editor
Our publishing company is looking to hire a full-time copy editor.
- Professional copy editing experience
- Candidate must have familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style; AP Style also preferred
- Minimum of four-year college degree (higher degree a bonus)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Serious work ethic
- Disciplined and organized
- Good working knowledge of current events in the Church and world
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be meticulous, thorough and accurate
- Ability to take direction and receive constructive feedback well
- Excellent memory for details
- Proficiency in online nagivation and research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive
- Copy editing content published on ChurchMilitant.com
- Copy editing St. Michael's Media Publishing manuscripts
- Copy editing materials and content produced by Church Militant / St. Michael's Media
Candidate must be fully invested in the mission of Church Militant.
Submit cover letter, résumé and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.