You are not signed in as a Premium user; you are viewing the free version of this program. Premium users have access to full-length programs with limited commercials and receive a 10% discount in the store! Sign up for only one day for the low cost of $1.99. Click the button below.
DETROIT (ChurchMilitant.com) - A 2023 Gallup poll is revealing a decline in American citizens' overall support for gender-dysphoric accommodations.
The numbers show that while Americans are divided on whether or not a person can be "transgender," there is much less of a divide about whether someone should be able to compete against the opposite sex in sports.
Question 1: "Do you think transgender athletes should be able to play on sports teams that match their current gender identity or should only be allowed to play on sports teams that match their birth gender?"
- Able to play on teams that match identity
- May 2023: 26%
- May 2021: 34%
- Only on teams that match birth gender
- May 2023: 69%
- May 2021: 62%
Question 2: "Regardless of whether or not you think it should be legal, please tell me whether you personally believe that in general it is morally acceptable or morally wrong to change one's gender."
- Morally acceptable
- May 2023: 43%
- May 2021: 46%
- Morally wrong
- May 2023: 55%
- May 2021: 51%
- For the first poll question, Republican support fell 4% (10% down to 6%), independent support dropped 5% (33% to 28%) and Democrat support fell under 50% (55% down to 47%).
- For the second poll question, Republican support fell 7% (22% down to 15%), independent support dropped 2% (48% to 46%) and Democrat support rose 3% (67% up to 70%).
- Slightly over half of Americans believe it is wrong to "change" one's gender.
- Most Americans recognize biological males have a competitive advantage over biological females and should not be allowed to participate in their sports.
- In the last two years, support for so-called transgenderism has fallen in most measured demographics, except among Democrats.
White House Response
- The Biden administration has said that it would veto a bill that called for a national ban on trans athletes.
- Fox reports, "The Biden administration proposed new regulations on transgender people in schools released in April [and] said no school or college that receives federal funding could impose a 'one-size-fits-all' policy banning transgender students from playing on sports teams consistent with their gender identity, which under the Department of Education rule, would be a violation of Title IX."
--- Campaign 31538 ---
Have a news tip? Submit news to our tip line.
We rely on you
to support our news reporting. Please donate