You are not signed in as a Premium user; you are viewing the free version of this program. Premium users have access to full-length programs with limited commercials and receive a 10% discount in the store! Sign up for only one day for the low cost of $1.99. Click the button below.
On Tuesday, an FDA advisory panel voted unanimously, with one member abstaining, to push the vaccine for children ages 5–11. The panel maintains the benefits outweigh any risks for this age group.
"This is an age group that deserves and should have the same opportunity to be vaccinated as every other age," panel member Dr. Amanda Cohn of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) impassioned.
Dr. James Hildreth of Meharry Medical College justified his vote in racial terms, saying his goal was "to make sure that the children who really need this vaccine — primarily Black and brown children in our country — get it."
The Associated Press claims that among 5- to 11-year-olds, "there have been over 8,300 hospitalizations reported, about a third requiring intensive care, and nearly 100 deaths."
Yet for children, the medical journal The Lancet reported "[t]hree major studies over the past year all found the risk of death to be in the range of 1 in 100,000 to 1 in 1 million. Hospitalization rates for school-aged kids younger than 12 hovered around 3 or 4 per million throughout the pandemic."
Dr. Marty Makary, a professor with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, found an even better scenario for kids in relation to COVID-19 — a "morality [death] rate of zero among children without a pre-existing medical condition such as leukemia."
The CDC itself reported that from 2019 through part of 2021, COVID killed a total of 337 children — compared to 434 killed by the flu in just one of those years (2019–2020). But it admitted it could be vastly overreporting child mortality because more than a third of children who had died with (not necessarily from) COVID had other serious but unrelated health conditions.
A Johns Hopkins and FAIR Health study found a similar link to underlying health conditions and so-called COVID deaths in children; it said that of the 335 American children it claimed died since the start of the COVID panic, all of them had immune problems or were chronically ill.
Not everyone agrees with the vaccine push on youngsters or how pro-pharma forces are framing the situation.
Emergency Room physician Scott French, who professes loads of experience with COVID patients, says he's really concerned about pushing a vaccine mandate on youth.
He says 80% of COVID deaths are in people over 80 years old. In the remaining 20%, death occurs among those with risk factors such as heart disease and obesity. Obesity is the greatest risk factor particularly for young people, he notes.
French refers to a recent CDC report documenting that over a 22-month period, under 500 deaths from COVID were reported for kids ages 5–18. He says this means out of 10,000 deaths, we lose 7 children. So while he acknowledges every life is precious, he concludes the chance of a child in this age group dying in a car accident is greater than dying from COVID.
He explains there are serious risks for young people taking the biologic, adding it is never as good as natural immunity. What's more, those who have recovered from COVID and take a shot may be at greater risk for having adverse reactions.
"We've turned medicine into a political thing," he says.
French argued it was "reckless" for an FDA advisor to say, "We're never going to learn about how safe this vaccine is unless we start giving it."
Concerned parents deluged the FDA panelists with emails urging them to vote against the Pfizer vaccine for children. But one pro-vax doctor justified his decision, "[P]arents I see every day in the clinic who are terrified of sending their children to school ... they need a voice also."
Despite significant parental concern and pushback, states are reportedly gearing up to administer the shots. Allegedly, the dosage will be a third of the amount given to teenagers and adults.
The kiddie vaccines are also set to be available at pharmacies and other locations big pharma deems advantageous.
The FDA is expected to make its own decision in a matter of days based on the panel's endorsement. If the federal agency agrees with the position of its panel, the CDC will weigh in, likely tailoring mandates at first for those they deem most at risk.
The FDA is a federal agency within the Department of Health and Human Services led by fake Catholic Xavier Becerra.