Bishops Fund Enemies of Christ

News: Video Reports
by Nadia Bullock  •  •  November 12, 2022   

Don't donate to Catholic Campaign for Human Development

You are not signed in as a Premium user; you are viewing the free version of this program. Premium users have access to full-length programs with limited commercials and receive a 10% discount in the store! Sign up for only one day for the low cost of $1.99. Click the button below.



The Lepanto Institute is exposing the Catholic Campaign for Human Development for funding the enemies of Christ.

Church Militant's Nadia Bullock looks at the report and hears from its lead researcher.

Michael Hichborn, The Lepanto Institute: "They don't really care about their rules at all."

On Thursday, The Lepanto Institute, led by Michael Hichborn, dropped its latest exposé on the CCHD.

During the fiscal year 2020–2021, the CCHD gave $3.4 million to organizations that violate Catholic moral or social teaching.

Out of the 214 organizations funded, 66 were ineligible for Catholic aid because they promote at least one of the following: abortion, the LGBTQ agenda, contraception, Marxism and the occult.

Those 66 organizations got approval from 46 U.S. dioceses.

Hichborn: "Organizations that have been previously defunded by the Campaign for Human Development are suddenly back on the CCHD grant's list, like the Chicago Workers Collaborative. That organization was formally and publically denied funding in 2013 because it chose to remain with a coalition that had taken a position in favor of same-sex marriage."

One of those organizations in direct violation of Church teaching on abortion, contraception and homosexuality, ABLE NH, received $40,000 from the CCHD, approved by the diocese of Manchester in New Hampshire.

ABLE NH also partners with Planned Parenthood and has promoted sex ed for people with disabilities, which included masturbation.

Hichborn: "There's also New Labor, which promoted a rally to defend Roe and reproductive rights."

This Sunday is the national collection for the CCHD, and Hichborn says faithful Catholics should make their priests aware of these issues and avoid donating. 

Most dioceses not listed in the report retain only about 25% of their CCHD collection money for local use. The other 75% is sent to the national CCHD to be redistributed.

--- Campaign 32075 ---


Have a news tip? Submit news to our tip line.

We rely on you to support our news reporting. Please donate today.
By commenting on you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our comment posting guidelines

Loading Comments