You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting.
or Sign up today!
Communists have been trying to conquer the United States for decades. Joe Biden being anointed president by the Washington swamp is but the latest step in conquering America from within.
In his 1958 book, The Naked Communist, Cleon Skousen describes 45 communist goals for America. While they must have sounded like some obscure conspiracy theory back then, a quick perusal of the 45 goals describes exactly what has happened in the West from the 1960s onward.
Here's a sample:
- Capture one or both of the U.S. political parties.
- Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV & motion pictures.
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in schools on the grounds it violates the principle of "separation of church and State."
- Discredit the U.S. Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs and a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. Then replace the nation of "laws, not men" with a royal decree emanating from appointed judges and executive orders. Replace elected officials with bureaucrats.
- Discredit America's Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special interest groups should rise up and make a "united force" to solve economic, political or social problems.
This all sounds so familiar that it's shocking it was written in 1958. What's even more shocking is that rules 24, 25 and 26 specifically cover the debauching of America and the purpose it serves:
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and of free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural and healthy."
There is a specific reason that communists promote debauchery in a nation they're working to conquer. If people are slaves to sin, they are likely in mortal sin and not participating in God's sanctifying grace. They are not striving to know and love truth and are more apt to give in to worldly things, such as the demands of the State. It's really that simple.
On his TV show, Life is Worth Living, Abp. Fulton Sheen spoke about communism in America, likening the demoralization of the West to a rotting carcass:
"Communism is the scavenger of decaying civilizations. It makes its way into a country and into a culture only when that culture begins to rot from the inside. The measure of the incipient death in any civilization is the progress that communism makes. Just as soon as this culture begins to die, then this winged scavenger, with the mechanical wings of hammer and sickles, descend upon these decaying countries in order to devour them."
Sheen adds, "Communism then is coming back upon the Western world because something died in the Western world, namely the strong faith of men in the God that made them."
The only remedy to the evil that has beset our nation, therefore, is to embrace again a life of grace.
Have a news tip? Submit news to our tip line.
We rely on you
to support our news reporting. Please donate