You are not signed in as a Premium user; you are viewing the free version of this program. Premium users have access to full-length programs with limited commercials and receive a 10% discount in the store! Sign up for only one day for the low cost of $1.99. Click the button below.
SACRAMENTO (ChurchMilitant.com) - California's Democratic governor signed into law a bill that aims to keep perverted books in school classrooms.
The Law (AB1078)
The bill, known as AB1078, aims to stop the removal of instructional materials or library books dealing with racial or LGBT topics.
- This step comes as school boards across the United States grapple with the controversial practice of removing materials that some parents consider inappropriate.
- AB1078 also grants the county superintendent the authority to unilaterally introduce these materials into classrooms.
- Governor Gavin Newsom believes this law will solidify California's reputation as a haven for freedom, where families, rather than what he calls "fringe ideologues," can make choices regarding their children's education.
True to Democratic Form
Governor Newsom's previous actions underscore his commitment to this cause.
- In July, he imposed a fine of $1.5 million on the Temecula Valley Unified School District for not adopting his proposed LGBTQ curriculum.
- But the move has not been without opposition, as school boards in California, in defiance of Democratic policies, have implemented policies requiring parental notification about students identifying as transgender and rejected LGBTQ materials in classrooms.
- California Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Thurmond emphasized that AB1078 sends a powerful message, not only to Californians but to all Americans, highlighting California's dedication to preserving the importance of books in education.
--- Campaign 31538 ---
Have a news tip? Submit news to our tip line.
We rely on you
to support our news reporting. Please donate