You are not signed in as a Premium user; you are viewing the free version of this program. Premium users have access to full-length programs with limited commercials and receive a 10% discount in the store! Sign up for only one day for the low cost of $1.99. Click the button below.
COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. (ChurchMilitant.com) - Hundreds of students at Pennsylvania's Perkiomen Valley School District staged a walkout Friday after the school board failed to pass a policy prohibiting biological males from using female restrooms.
- Policy 720 — which would have required students to strictly use the bathrooms corresponding to their biological sex — was drawn up after an online post.
- WPVI-TV in Philadelphia reported, "The proposal was sparked by a recent social media post by a dad who says his daughter encountered someone she thought may have been a boy in the bathroom."
- The School Board president supported the policy, but it ultimately did not pass when voted on last Monday.
- The Friday walkout was organized by student John Ott, who told Fox: "Kids were upset. Girls … we wanted to protect them. They were upset. They didn't want men in their bathroom."
- Perkiomen Valley School Board's president commented: "Although I voted differently than the majority of the board, as board president, I respect the outcome of the vote and those who voted against expediting the policy. I also appreciate our student body, those who came to our previous board meeting to vote, and the 300+ students who used their First Amendment right to voice their opinion in favor of the policy during their protest on Friday."
- Videos from the walkout went viral on social media, eliciting compliments from many conservatives.
- One commenter said: "Amazing. Pennsylvania high school students staged a walk out in protest of letting boys use the girls' bathroom. This is bad news for the likes of [Democrat National Committee] mouthpieces like Harry Sisson, who would have us believe that all of Gen Z is as lost to wokeness as him."
--- Campaign 31538 ---
Have a news tip? Submit news to our tip line.
We rely on you
to support our news reporting. Please donate