You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting.
or Sign up today!
By Michael Hichborn
This coming November, the Vatican's Pontifical Academy for Science is holding a workshop intended to figure out how to indoctrinate your children in the Sustainable Development Goals. This comes on the heels of the Vatican nuncio to the United Nations announcing "verbatim" support for the SDGs, and after Catholic Relief Services president Dr. Carolyn Woo echoed Pope Francis' call for support for the SDGs as well.
So, what are the Sustainable Development Goals? They're a United Nations plan for the creation of a global socialist utopia thinly disguised as a poverty reduction program. They are the fruit born out of Agenda 21, the Millennium Development Goals and a host of other socialist programs developed by the United Nations.
In short, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals are the first step in achieving several of the goals laid out in Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto. In truth, these goals are Communist goals, through and through. Here's a snapshot of how specific portions of the SDGs line up with identified Communist goals:
Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Communists have always used the plight of the poor as justification for the implementation of their nefarious schemes
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Plank 7 of the Communist Manifesto calls for a top-down approach to industry and agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- A 1938 issue of a Communist publication concluded that "only through the final victory of world socialism can the vast stores of available scientific knowledge really be put to work for the full benefit of humanity. 'Socialized medicine' is a meaningless phrase except in a socialized society."
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Plank 10 of the Communist Manifesto is "free education for all children in public schools."
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Communism has pushed for working women since the beginning of the Revolution in Russia.
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Plank 8 of the Communist Manifesto: Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Plank 9 of the Communist Manifesto: Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- This is an echo of Karl Marx’s mandate, "From each according to his ability to each according to his needs."
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- This is pure global governance orchestrated by an entity with authority above national sovereignty.
This summary is not intended to be exhaustive, but should provide enough information to alarm even the most lukewarm of patriots and faithful Christians. But the Catholic Church, which has issued full and unqualified condemnations of Communism and Socialism should have nothing to do with the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals ... and yet, "Catholic" social justice organizations and its leaders have hijacked key positions in the Vatican and are using their influence and authority to fast-track programs to get the faithful to fully support and work for the implementation of the SDGs. This is extremely dangerous and must be forcefully resisted by all faithful Catholics. What follows is a general overview of some of the more egregious of the SDGs in their audacious push for global Communist governance.
Read the rest at LepantoInstitute.org.
Have a news tip? Submit news to our tip line.
We rely on you
to support our news reporting. Please donate