Modern man has divorced sex from procreation through his embrace of contraception. This Contraception Deception within the Catholic Church has come about by a near total betrayal of the faithful by their shepherds and leaders.
Click here to purchase this program on DVD
Below are links to the resources used in this program. We have included a local copy of many of the links in addition to the in situ link; some of this material may not be available in the future, and in previous investigations we have found organizations actually scrub their websites and delete and / or change information. Accordingly, we present a local copy of some information (a great deal of information cannot adequately be reproduced in a local copy, unfortunately). Local copies of the information were taken July 22nd 2011.
- Ad Hoc Committee for the Defense of Marriage. USCCB.
The USCCB's website for issues relating to marriage.
- Contraception Resource Page, Pro-Life Activities. USCCB.
The USCCB's webpage for resources relating to the issue of contraception.
- "In Brief: Fact Sheet. Facts on Contraceptive Use in the United States." 2010. Guttmacher Institute.
This is an interesting--and disturbing--look at the pervasiveness of contraception among Americans. Local Copy
- Pope Pius XI. 1930. Casti Connubii.
Pope Pius XI's response to the Anglican Church's acceptance of contraception. Local Copy
- Pope Leo XIII. 1880. Arcanum.
Pope Leo XIII's encyclical on authentic Catholic marriage and family life. Local Copy
- Paglia, Donald. "The Marital Sexual Relationship." For Your Marriage, USCCB.
Paglia discusses the struggle of maintaining a balanced intimate life with one's spouse. Local Copy
- "Intimacy/Cohabitation." For Your Marriage.
A USCCB document guiding Catholic couples toward chastity before marriage. Local Copy
- Blessed Pope John Paul II. 1981. Familiaris Consortio.
Blessed Pope John Paul's seminal apostolic exhortation "on the role of the Christian family in the modern world." Local Copy
- "Why Isn't It Good to Live Together Before Marriage?" Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth. USCCB.
This document presents a number of facts and statistics illustrating the negative effects of cohabitation. Local Copy
- Natural Family Planning: A Way of Love. USCCB.
The USCCB's homepage for its information on NFP.
- "Marriage: Love and Life in the Divine Plan." 2009. USCCB.
This pastoral letter teaches on the sublime beauty of marriage and how it is tarnished or even destroyed by sin. Local Copy
- Campbell, John and Campbell, Jennifer. "Connections: Living Natural Family Planning." For Your Marriage. USCCB.
The Campbells' attempt to speak to the benefits of NFP, but inherent in their article is an illustration of how easily NFP is abused--how often couples use it as a substitute for contraception. Local Copy
- Vogt, Susan. "Sexual Compatibility Is Not Only About Sex." USCCB.
This is a very disturbing quiz that the USCCB endorses on their website. It places priority on satisfaction with the sexual experience provided by the individual's spouse.
- "Not Tonight, Honey: Dealing with Desire Discrepancy." For Your Marriage. USCCB.
Another USCCB article that deals with balancing intimacy in a marriage, but with a slant toward sexual gratification.
- "Human Sexuality from God's Perspective: Humanae Vitae 25 Years Later." Natural Family Planning. USCCB.
An interesting commentary on Pope Paul VI's Humanae Vitae. Local Copy
- Natural Family Planning. USCCB.
A list of sources on NFP.
- Schu, Rev. Walter. "Does Contraception Prevent Abortion?" Pro-Life Activities. USCCB.
Rev. Schu presents a helpful synopsis of the relationship between contraception and abortion. Local Copy
- "Researchers Agree with Pope Benedict: Condoms Can Worsen the AIDS Pandemic in Africa." USCCB.
The Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities put out this useful fact-sheet on the problems condoms cause. Local Copy
- Blessed Pope John Paul II. 1995. Evangelium Vitae.
"On the Value and Inviolability of Human Life." Local Copy
- Pro-Life Activities Homepage. USCCB.
- "Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities: A Campaign in Support of Life.
This USCCB document lays out the problems and solutions for fighting the agenda of the "Culture of Death". Local Copy
- Desmond, Joan. 2011. "Defund Planned Parenthood?" National Catholic Register.
Desmond looks at some of the issues surrounding the healthcare reform bill and taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood. Local Copy
- Mirus, Jeff. 2011. "The Battle Over Contraception." CatholicCulture.org.
A treatment of the documents newly released by Dr. Germain Grisez that provide a completely different understanding of the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate. Local Copy
- "Universities: An Urge to Retire." TIME Magazine.
This brief press release comments on Bishop William McDonald's resignation over the Fr. Charles Curran affair at Catholic University of America. Local Copy
- Grisez, Germain. The Way of the Lord Jesus.
Dr. Grisez is one of the last living authorities on the proceedings at the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate. This page contains links to a number of documents that came out of that commission.
- Grisez, Germain and Ford, Fr. John. 1968. Sex in Marriage: Love-Giving, Life-Giving.
Fr. Ford and Dr. Grisez worked on this pamphlet for Cardinal O'Boyle to answer questions on Humanae Vitae in laymen's terms. Local Copy
- "Inadequacies in the Theological Methodology and Conclusions of The Sexual Person by Salzman and Lawler." 2010. USCCB.
The USCCB is here critiquing a work that presented a heterodox teaching on sexuality. Local Copy
- "Academic Freedom and Tenure: The Catholic University of America." 1989. Academe.
Here is a detailed account of the scandal given by Fr. Charles Curran when he publicly denounced Humanae Vitae. Local Copy
- "Parental Notification Needed in Title X Program." USCCB.
"Parental Notification" stresses the need for legal protection of parents' right to consultation prior to their daughter receiving contraception. Local Copy
- Grisez, Germain. "About John C. Ford, S.J." The Way of the Lord Jesus.
A biography of Fr. John Ford--one of the members of the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate. Local Copy
- Mirus, Jeff. 2011. "How the Pill Explodes the Mythology of Vatican II." CatholicCulture.org.
An article by Dr. Mirus noting the direct relationship between the decline of the Faith after the 1960s and "The Pill." Local Copy
- Wills, Susan. 2009. "Pope Benedict is Right!" Pro-Life Activities. USCCB.
Wills provides a fresh look at why condom use fails to reduce disease. Local Copy
- Shaw, Russell. 2011. "Church Birth Control Commission Docs Unveiled." Our Sunday Visitor.
Shaw announces Dr. Grisez's release of the documents from the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate. Local Copy
- de Riedmatten, Henri. 1965. "Report on the 4th Session." Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate.
This is one of the most important documents that come out of the commission. With it, the Secretary General of the commission was able to promote his heterodox beliefs as legitimate. Local Copy
- Ford, Fr. John and Grisez, Germain. 1978. "Contraception and the Infallibility of the Ordinary Magisterium." Theological Studies.
Fr. Ford and his close friend, Dr. Grisez, argue that the Church's teaching on artificial contraception is infallible. Local Copy
- Kwasniewski, Peter. 2010. "The Primacy of Charity in the Question of Family Size." Homiletic and Pastoral Review.
- Canadian Bishops' Statement on the Encyclical "Humanae Vitae" (popularly known as the 'Winnipeg Statement'. 1968.
Known as the Winnipeg Statement, this document was endorsed by the majority of the Canadian bishops and roundly rejects Pope Paul VI's Humanae Vitae. Local Copy
- "Fr. John Corapi on the Winnipeg Statement, 9/2001." Uploaded by kfarley.
In this excellent sound bite, Fr. Corapi scathingly condemns the Canadian bishops' "Winnipeg Statement." Local Copy
- "Dr. Janet Smith - Contraception: Why Not - Abortion." Uploaded by DrJanetESmith.
Dr. Smith succinctly explains the direct link between contraception and abortion. Local Copy
- Pope Paul VI. 1968. Humanae Vitae.
Pope Paul VI's encyclical on birth control methods that, although grounded in two thousand years of Church teaching, was immediately and violently rejected by the majority of the world population. Local Copy
- Mann, Benjamin. 2011. "New Documents Reveal Inner Workings of Papal Birth Control Commission." Catholic News Service.
This article discusses Dr. Germain Grisez's release of many of the documents that came out of the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate. Local Copy
- "Religion: Catholic Freedom v. Authority." TIME Magazine. 1968.
This is the cover story for the TIME Magazine issue that came out less than four months after the promulgation of Humanae Vitae and comments on the unrest that was rocking the nation and the world. Local Copy
- Dulles, Avery. 1968. "Karl Rahner on 'Humanae Vitae'." America: The National Catholic Weekly.
An excellent example of the kind of "intellectual" dissent that was flung in Pope Paul VI's face after the promulgation of Humanae Vitae. Local Copy
- "Cardinal Schonborn on Humanae Vitae." 2009. Catholic Marriage Resource Centre.
"Vienna's Cardinal Christoph Schönborn accuses a number of his predecessors of lacking the courage to speak out against birth control and blames them in part for the declining birth rate in Europe." Local Copy
- Laun, Andreas. "Humanae Vitae--An Unnecessary Burden or a Source of Love?" Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski Jana Pawla II.
Laun presents a helpful synopsis and critique of the issues surrounding the release of Humanae Vitae. Local Copy
- "Margaret Sanger: Eugenicist" (1/3) (2/3) (3/3) Uploaded to Youtube by nonaCbarc.
This three-part video interview with the founder of Planned Parenthood provides a window into this woman's thinking about humanity, especially human life. Local Copy
- Sri, Edward. 2011. "How Contraception Destroys Love." The Integrated Catholic Life.
Dr. Sri's article briefly touches on a few points made in Pope John Paul II's "Theology of the Body"--Love and Responsibility. It is very helpful for someone unfamiliar with the work and/or looking for arguments against contraception. Local Copy
- Magister, Sandro. 2003. "'Humanae Vitae': The True Story of Its Gestation." Chiesa.
The Chiesa article is a synopsis of another article written by one of the "periti" or experts at Vatican II and the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate. It provides additional information on what happened at the Commission. Local Copy
- Kedinger, Daniel. "Humanae Vitae: A Renaissance of Solid Catholic Doctrine." Theologicalclowning.org.
"Humanae Vitae: A Renaissance" attends to some of the criticisms of Humanae Vitae and offers thoughtful responses. Local Copy
- Crowley, Patty. 1993. "Confessions of a Birth Control Commission Catholic-Lay Member of Vatican II Commission." BNET.
Patty Crowley was one of the lay members of the Papal Commission on Population, Family and Birthrate and, she is irritated that Pope Paul VI did not alter the Church's teaching on artificial contraception. Local Copy
- Whitehead, Kenneth. 2011. "Rebuilding After the Collapse of Catholic Conviction." New Oxford Review.
Shortly after the issuance of Humanae Vitae, the American Bishops released "Human Life in Our Day", in which they state that there is such a thing as "licit dissent" from Church teaching. The NOR article states that documents such as this are indicative of the rebellion that prevailed at the time and are responsible for the great falling away from the faith that we are witnessing in our own times. Local Copy
- "Human Life in Our Day." 1968. National Council of Catholic Bishops.
The NCCB issued this document several months after Pope Paul VI promulgated Humanae Vitae to maintain that Catholics are allowed a respectful, "licit" dissent from Catholic teaching. Local Copy
- West, Christopher. 2004. Theology of the Body for Beginners. Ascension Press.
Renowned Theology of the Body scholar Christopher West gives a basic overview of Pope John Paul II's teaching.
- Land O'Lakes Statement.
Infamous statement which severed the ties of authority between the Catholic Church and many Catholic universities in America. Local Copy
- Meehan, Seth. 2011. Legal Aid Boston College Magazine.
Article on Cardinal Cushing's role in allowing contraception in the Archdiocese of Boston. Local Copy